Homestay Certified Standard 2004 and 200
Highlight: An ancient hard-to-find culture in the cozy atmosphere of Thai style houses along the bank lush natural surroundings
Khlong Rang Charakhe Homestay
Type: Culture and lifestyle
Khlong Rang Charakhe Homestay Background
Khlong Rang Charakhe Homestay was founded in 2004 by the Rang Charakhe Eco-tourism group with the support of Pol. Lt. Col. Chat Intharachot and Phanitch Sringam, Director of the Non-Formal Education Center, who saw that the nature along the 12 km canal that runs through 5 Tambons is very perfect. There are also many species of fish. They induced villagers who showed an interest in setting up a homestay and open their houses for tourists who like a peaceful life and nature to come and experience the rural life and living in a Thai style riverside house.
Khlong Rang Charakhe Homestay Activities
• Go boating to see the village life along the banks of the canal
• Visit Luang Pho Panya Sophit’s monastery where his relics and a wax-figure of him is kept and see the diamond-eyed cat.
• Present food offerings to the monks by boat.
• Learn to make Thai desserts, see local methods of fishing especially the dip net raising (yok yo) method.
• Feed the fish at Wang Matcha (fish palace) at Wat Rang Charakhe.
• Worship Luang Pho To’s statue which was built in the Ayutthaya period.
• Exchange cultural experiences with the locals.
• Go boating to see the lives of the villagers along the khlong (canal).
Khlong Rang Charakhe Nearby attractions
• Visit Rang Charake temple
• Luang Po Panya Sophit monastery
• The wax sculpture of Luang Pho Panya Sophit
Khlong Rang Charakhe Homestay Lodging
6 homestay units to accommodate 100 tourists
Khlong Rang Charakhe Homestay Service fees
Lodging 500-700 baht/person/night
The fee includes food, beverages and a tour guide
081 – 251 – 8058 035 – 720 – 147
Roengchai Roekbuppa 081 251-8058
Panit Sringam 081-994-3810
035 – 305 – 441 Fax: 035 – 720-147
26/1 Moo 10, Tambon Banpo, Amphoe Sena, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya 13110