Homestay Certified Standard 2006
Highlight: Ethnic culture
Type: Culture, lifestyle and nature
Ban Pang Daeng Nai Homestay Background
The villagers of Pang Daeng were originally the Palong who immigrated from Burma. Tourists started coming to the village since 1986 but the management was not done so well. The villagers did not gain full benefit. The Hill tribes Development and Support Unit, Ban Huai I-Ko came in to educate the community committee in community tourism service and management and local culture and environment preservation as well as the management of local product stores, garbage disposal and development of local products. They have set up a homestay to host the tourists who come to learn about the tribal cultures.
Ban Pang Daeng Nai Homestay Activities
- • Tribal culture shows
- • Visit the community forestry.
- • Trek through the forest and up the hill to pay homage to the chedi of the village.
- • Visit 5 other villages in the village network; Ban Huai I-Ko Lisu and Akha village, Pha Lai Karen, Pang Daeng Palong, Mae Chon Palong, Tha Chi Lek Karen and Huai Pong Palong and Lahu.
Ban Pang Daeng Nai Homestay Nearby attractions
- • Community forestry
- • Akha and Karen villages
- • Huai I-ko Lisu village
- • Pang Daeng Klang Palong village
- • Mae Chon Palong village
- 7 homestay units to accommodate 50 tourists
- Service fees
- Lodging 20 baht /person
- Food 50 baht /person/meal
- Tour guide 150 baht
- Performances 500-1,000 baht
Sorat Petchrattanapong 089 – 262 – 5964 : 053-588-022
Hananda Asung 081 – 180 – 7194
Thanarat Sattayaanuphap 089 – 952 – 7029
212 Moo 2, Tambon Thung Khao Phuang, Amphoe Chiang Dao, Chiang Mai 50170
E-mail: [email protected]