Cultural Center Homestay
Homestay Certified Standard 2004 and 2006
Highlight: Experience the hilltribe culture at Bah Cha Khue.
Ban Cha Khue Homestay
Type: Lifestyle and nature
Ban Cha Khue Background
The village was named after Cha Khue who was the first village leader. In 1971, Cha Khue led his village members to set up a new village of 25 households next to the Kok River in the area of Tambon Huai Chom Phu, Amphoe Mueang, Chiang Rai. The area was fertile with forests, rivers and very convenient to transport for there are boats passing the village everyday. The village set up their homestay for tourists to experience their culture, tradition and a variety of handicrafts.
Ban Cha Khue Activities
- • Tribal New Year’s celebration or Kho Cha We during January-February. There is a cultural center for various performances and ceremonies such as the Thawai Sala ceremony, Sand pagoda making during the beginning and end of the Buddhist lent, etc.
- • Visit Huai Rin and Huai Chom Phu Waterfalls, enjoy the view and fruits from fruit orchards
- • See tribal handicraft, e.g. embroidery, garment making, fabric weaving, knife making and wickerwork.
- • Tribal performances
- • Orange orchards
- • Learn about herbal found in the forest
- • Boat along the Kok River
- • Bird watch and fish catch.
- Nearby attractions
- • Tribal Cultural Center Doi Kad Phi
- • Huai Ri Waterfall Huai Chom Phu
- • Herb forest
15 homestay units to accommodate 50 tourists
Lodging 100 baht /person/night
Food 50 baht /person/meal
Tribal performance 800 baht (small package)
Tribal performance 1,500 baht (full package)
Boat rental 300-500 baht
Chalermchai Thammabandit 085 – 710 – 6469
089 – 953 – 5193
475/1 Moo 5, Tambon Rim Kok, Amphoe Mueang, Chiang Rai 57000